Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Trying to beat this thing!

Well day two is in the books. I went to work for a few hours today but left just feeling really tired, though only feeling slightly weird in the stomach. I slept for a whole night for the first time in more than month last night. I think it had alot to do with finally just relaxing that we are moving forward on this we finally be proactive in beating this. Then to get a few more hours of sleep before treatment was nice too. My chemo nurse was shocked to see how well I feeling in regards to the nausea usually associated with one of my chemo drugs. She said most people generally feel horrible after the first treatment but she said I am true fighter and had no doubt I would handle the treatment well. That made me feel real good about this things, I mean I had all the confidence already but to hear that from her was comforting. I have one more round of chemo tomorrow then I get a few weeks off from that, but continue on with the radiation daily. I am just so glad to truly fighting this now and I know through the Power of God and all your prayers I will be better in no time. Thank You once again for all uplifting words of encouragement.

Jake

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:5-6

Anonymous said...

You are a CHAMPION!

Tessa Griffin said...

Wow! Any friend of the Franks Family, is a friend of mine! I am following your progress daily and praying for you so much that I feel like I know you! Your parents must be so proud of the boy they raised. What a fine young man. Stay strong.

Tessa Griffin and family

Anonymous said...

Yes, Tessa, we are so proud of Jake, the man that God helped us raise. Thank you, and everyone else, for all your prayers.

Anonymous said...

My friend Renee is your aunt Renee. Think back to WHHS theatre and remember me as Brandy's mom. I remember you as that good-lookin' kid on the stage surrounded by all the girls! I see you are putting your acting skills to good use. You are pulling off courageous and brave extremely well! But, as a seasoned back-stage mom, I hear in my heart what you leave unwritten. And it's that Jake that I am praying for. I pray for your continued strength in spirit to fight this mighty battle.