Thursday, May 10, 2007

Medi-port is in

Man alive no one told be they hack into you neck not just your chest to put this dang thing in. I kinda freaked me out the hear they were going to be cutting into my neck to attach this thing to a big vein. But its in and now im sore but that should only last a few days. Tomorrow like I said IM meeting with the Oncologist then maybe finishing the preplanning for the radiation to start that on monday. I got a new bed today and its awsome so hopefully maybe I might sleep a little for once. The guy at matress giant cut us a huge deal...just tell people you have cancer and they will hook it up try it some time...just kidding. But that was very nice of him to do that and I am very thankful. Anyhow not much left to say check back tomorrow cause I should have some updated as to chemo treatments and such.

Jake

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake - It sounds like the ball is really moving and you're on your way to beating the hell outta this! You're in my prayers every day. Love you! -Ashley

Anonymous said...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Maatthew 11:28-30

Anonymous said...

Jake,
You're in our thoughts and prayers. I know you are going to beat this thing. We love you, Jill & Rich

Anonymous said...

Jake- We are praying for your strength and courage. Focus on those things that bring you joy!
Monica Kintigh (Kate Lovelady's mom)

Heather said...

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

Psalms 50:15

I hope you have a restful weekend.
Give me a shout if you need or don't need anything!

~Hugs~

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jake,
Stay strong in the Lord. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Dale & Margaret Bentrup

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not; for I am with you. Be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.

Anonymous said...

Jake-
I am sorry I should have warned you about the medi-port! My little student that had leukemia had that!
Anyway, enough about that! Well it sounds like things are really moving along! I am impressed with you being so dedicated with the blog!
I hope to hear from you soon!
God Bless
Love
Rhonda and Tim Psencik

Anonymous said...

Jake,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy Herpin (Miss Nancy)

Anonymous said...

You got a new bed!!! YAY does this mean no more naps on mine ?!?! :(

Anonymous said...

Jake,

God Bless your strength!!

Just wanted you to know that my prayers are with you.

Sandy Rogers Barnett