Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Running out of titles

Again there is not much to say but that I went to radiation today and it went well. I am begining to feel alot better, still tired alot but my appitite is definitly coming back which is nice but I am even pickier now than before if thats even imaginable. But my tastes are changing and when something sounds good I only want that. My work called today and said they are putting me on disability. So that means I'm not working for a while. I wish I had a little more time to have gotten back in there but I guess they felt I had been out enough to justify it no hard feeling though, I love my job. I will get 60% of my salary and full benefits for the next six week and then just full benefits for the following 6 weeks so after 12 weeks I have to rely on God to provide for me , so in my next prayer I am hoping for the winning lotto numbers. My treatments should last about 4 months so there will be a short time Ill have to figure things out. Anyhow it sucks that it happened but I'm sure through god things will work out. Oh I will have a job there when all this is said and done, so don't look at it like I got laid off just going on a leave of absence. I realized through a comment yesterday or today that many of you are praying so hard for me yet have no clue who I am. As per request I am attaching some pictures of me and with some of my close friends so you have a face to go with the name. Hope everyone is having a great day.




PS: I am single, so if you are or have a beautiful daughter in the age group 21-27 and doesn't mind that I have a cancer give me a shout. Only I would put that out there, but hey who knows. HAHA

Jake

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake! Hey! Just wanted to say hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and I have been reading your blog every day! I am constantly amazed at what a great attitude you have and you are my inspiration! You are in my thoughts and prayers every day! Love ya man!

Anonymous said...

Jake,

I do not have a 21 to 27 year old daughter but if I did, I would recommend her to you...you sexy stud. Keep up the good spirits and I will always keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Jake,

You still have that Cartwright Charm....what is it with you guys? Oh yea you are all good looking, confident men. Some people mistake that for conceit but those of us that married one know better. Just ask you mom I think she would agree with me!

Thinking of you & praying for you everyday!
Love,
Aunt Renee

Anonymous said...

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

Luke 12:22-26

Anonymous said...

Jake, I think this might be the time to try and make a move on Nick's sister. Just a thought. Please keep updating this thing, I make sure to read it everyday. Praying for you every day man.

Lew

E - Blogs said...

You are soooooo smooth. Its gonna take me awhile to come up w/ a pick up line that is better than that one.

Glad you have your appetite back. Someone who can bake needs to send Jake doughy rolls STAT!

Suzi said...

Ok, I read todays blog and I have some good news and some bad news...The good news is...I do happen to have a beautiful daughter. She has a wonderful personality and she is very charming. I am sure she would love you. I spoke with her about the cancer thing and she did not seem to mind. BUT...as I said before, I have bad news as well...She is only 9 years old, so if you are still in the market in 12 years we will keep you in mind. We have told her that she MUST finish college before getting married though! I think you would make a wonderful son-in-law! And by the way, you are a very handsome young man. I do not know why you are even single!!

On a serious note, I have been thinking of you often and as I have said before I pray for you daily, each time I think of you throughout the day, I stop to say a prayer for your quick recovery. Your attitude is so uplifting, keep your head up and stay strong in your faith. You are such a blessing for all who read your daily blogs.

Much love and God Bless You Jake!

P.S. Let me know if you are intrested in meeting my daughter! Maybe we could arrange a play date! Haha :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I think that since you aren't working anymore that we could work out something between us!! hahaha! Maybe if the Mavs were still playing we could go have another dance off! I miss you so much at work. Not an hour passes that I don't look at your desk and wish you were there. I drank two Dr. Peppers today for you...well one was for me but the other was definitely for you! Gatorade goes through my system too much - and as we both know peeing is such a waste of time! HEHE! Hey call a blonde sometime!

XOXO,
Alison