Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My back is hurtin

I had to take the day off today my back was killing me. I was up all night with spasms. Its due to sitting with the pain in my bum and having horrible posture because of it. But kept the heating pad on it day and medicated so I'm a little feeling better now. I am going to work go back to work tomorrow but not push it to hard. I heard from my doctor today and I am scheduled to have my medi-port put in Thursday morning. I it a basically an injection site that will implanted in my chest/shoulder area so I don't have to get an IV every time I have chemo. Then I will meet with the oncologist on Friday to go over the chemo treatment more in depth. I also think I am starting my radiation on Monday but that is not confirmed. That's it for now.

Later

Jake

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
Helen Keller

Anonymous said...

I was going to tell you my friend that just got over her cancer...said the one thing she would recommend is getting the medi-port. She said it was so much easier. So glad you are going that route...she said the IV everytime will jack up your veins. By the way let me know if you want to talk to her still. Much love to you Jake!!! Praying, praying hard for ya! Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya...you know I am right up the street from ya can bring you over anything you need. Love ya-Amber

Theresa Moore said...

Howdy! I am Theresa Moore. I work for Dixie Box at Halliburton with your dad. I am a 2 time breast cancer survivor!! I have been where you are going. I just wanted to tell you to enjoy your shower on Thursday morning. It will be the last "hassle" free one you get till the port comes out. No one told me that part. If you ever need to talk to someone that "knows" what you are going thru...call or e-mail anytime. I am keeping you in my prayers.
mb: 936-346-6145
mooreorless1@peoplepc.com
God Bless.
Theresa

Heather said...

Jake - Glad we got to hangout last night, even though "that movie" which is not worth mentioning, was horrible! Next time I'll let you pick the movie, but that's what you get for saying "I don't care, suprise me!" Big mistake Jakester Big mistake! I hope your back is feeling better today.

Much Love!