Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 1 Down

The first day of many is in the books. It was a long long day got there for my scan at 6:45 got the glucose dye injected waited for it to take effect then got in the machine and was done with that around 8:30. I then sat around the waiting room eating my awesome breakfast of doughnut holes, kolaches, and Gatorade till the Dr.s show up the nurses can administer the drugs. Got to the treatment room around 9:10 got a brief rundown of everything before getting hooked up. The nurses were a little aggravated I had not had a chemo class because I was rushed though the system. The nurses just want every to be educated about the process. I was pumped full of fluids like I have never been before. Lets just say right now I am VERY hydrated. A good friend of mine brought me lunch today and sat with me for a while it was nice. Shortly after lunch I had my first Radiation treatment. IT was about 45 min nothing too bad. Then it was back to chemo for more drugs and fluids. I finally got out there around 4:15 the next two days will be much short than today. I feel pretty good no side effects yet, they say those usually doesn't hit until week or so after once your blood counts get altered. But I confident as long as I stay on top of it with my med I will hold up like a CHAMPION its my goal to get through this living as normally as possible and I know that will take a strong mindset. That was my eventful day.

Jake

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run like that, that you may win.

I Corinthians 9:24

Anonymous said...

I will be leaving my current job on May 25 to persue teaching again! I will have most of the summer off but I will have to take some classes in July. If you need someone to come and sit with you or just hang out with you in or out of the hospital just holler!
I would love to see you, its been a while!
Rhonda
Oh yeah and Tim says hi too!

Anonymous said...

glad you made it through the first day sweetie...still praying hard for you! Everyday! Seriously my offer still stands...I am real close to you...would love to bring you dinner...let me know when I am I there!

Much love Amber