Friday, May 18, 2007

Another wall to get climb.

Went to the oncologist today and didn't exactly get the news we were hoping for. In the PET results it shows that the cancer has more than likely spread to liver. Meaning it is in stage 4. They aren't 100% sure it is cancer but they believe it is. I will keep my fingers crossed. What does this mean? I am just going to have fight harder than I even could have imagined. The way this will all progress is that through the current treatment the cancer will go away but since it made it way out of the rectum already it will more than likely come back at some point. The thing is though they know nothing about my type of cancer being that is so rare. They can only compare it small cell cancer of the lungs but they differ alot and it makes it tough listening to a prognoses from one form of cancer to another that they don't know about. So that was a bit confusing but the way I am trying to look at is that if they don't know then nobody knows what will happen so with the power of god and every ones prayers lets make our own prognoses. That of our faith in Jesus Christ that he can do anything as long as we walk in his path, so lets believe that through him he will grant me the strength and knowledge to the doctors to knock this thing out. These are tough things to tell people and there is no easy way to do it one thing I ask of you is don't say how sorry you are for me because god has his plans and I am still trying to figure what that is and I will. Try to take something from the trials I am going to better yourself or relationship with those close to and most of God he will be the one to lead us though this. I don't think I have fully grasped the magnitude but I'm strong in mind and body and will not give up I give you all my word on that.

Jake

10 comments:

Tessa Griffin said...

Tomorrow will be a brighter day. Prayer warriors on it. (Brendan,7, Ethan, 5, Jarrad, 35, and Tessa, 35) Get some rest.

Anonymous said...

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

2 Chronicles 15:7

Suzi said...

You are amazing! No matter what life throws your way, you take it standing up and moving forward. You are such an inspiration to everyone reading your daily blogs. I feel like I know you, yet I feel sad because I do not. I think everyone needs a "Jake" in their lives. Keep on fighting with all you have, I know you will get thru this. After all, you have God on your side! I will keep on praying and continue to pass your story along to others that will help with prayer. You hang in there, things will turn out great!

Much love and God Bless You Jake!

mary z said...

Hey there Jake,

It's been a looong time, huh? I heard about your cancer from my mom (news travels fast--someone at Redeemer sent a prayer request to St. Paul, and my mom spotted it there and sent it to me). Ashley N. sent me the link to your blog, so I've been keeping up even though I haven't said hello yet. Just wanted you to know that--it shows how many people are supporting you and praying for you that you don't even know about. I'm incredibly proud of you, your strength, determination, upbeat attitude and the way you're approaching this with a team mindset. God, you, the doctors, and all of us who care about you--that's gotta be a good team.

Good luck, God bless, and kick its ass!

Much love,
Mary Ziehe

Anonymous said...

Jake,
First of all let me say I'm sorry for not posting sooner. I've watched you grow from a pup and let me say there were times when you were a pain in the same place you now have pain. But after not only witnessing this horrible disease in my mother but seeing the senseless outcome, I have to say your faith is inspiring. I've not written because my faith took a hit when Papa also passed away leaving me empty inside. Maybe it was missplace in humans instead of God. It's hard to think about you and your Mom and Dad without remembering them. You all have been such a big part of our lives for so long that I feel guilty because I cant talk to your parents about you without seeing my Mom's face. I don't want to be the "doubting Thomas." I keep in mind that you are much younger and in better condition than she was at the time, but I have a hard time accepting that someone else close to me has to go thru this. I love all of you as family, but please forgive me if at times I sometimes loose my sensitivity. I pray for you and your family daily and think of you all often, it's just the speaking of it that puts a lump in my throat. There will be good days and bad but the final outcome will our Father in Heaven's will. But if Memaw and Papa get a vote I'm sure you will be with us for a very long time.
Keep Fighting!

Uncle Brian

Anonymous said...

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but againt the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 6:10-13

Heather said...

You're a fighter Jake ~ I have all the faith that God will help you through this. Love ya Jakester!

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

1 Peter 4:12-13

Anonymous said...

Jake, you are an amazing and strong person. I have total faith that God will see you though this. Keep believing and we are all praying for you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Well no that was not the news that any of us wanted to hear. I can't belive anything God is throwing at you is not for a reason. It gets real hard to understand and hold up when you have to go through these kinds of trials. Chip and I are pulling for you real hard. You know that you are in our prayers but I still want to tell you that. I have been reading your blog daily and I can't help but just want to set down and cry some days. Others your spirit shines through bright and true and I take comfort in knowing you are standing up and fighting.
I see the little boy that didn't want to hear the word NO. And I know that you are going to come through this well and cancer free. All my love, Uncle Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Way to go w/the positive attitude...keep it up!

Leslie