Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I Have Cancer

I am creating this blog as way to allow people to keep up with what is going on through out my treatment. I figure this will be easier than trying to remember to call and keep everyone updated all the time. Just to refresh everyone or inform those who havent heard, I was diagnosed with Small Cell cancer of the rectum, yeah not a fun place to have cancer. I am going to be very frank and up front in this and not sugar coat it, so for the faint of heart beware. Small cell cancer is a very fast growing form of cancer that must be caught early for a better chance of starting treating before it spreads. We are still not sure if it has spread outside the rectum/colon I will find that out after a few more test this week. This is an inoperable cancer and can only be treated through chemotherapy and radiation treatment, which will be starting as soon as we run a few more tests. Not too much is known about this type of cancer associated with the rectum so they give a 30-40% chance of complete recovery but i dont think this applies to me because I am JAKE and so I put my odds around 90%. I have decided to stay here in dallas and recieve my treatments up here and continue to work as long as I can. I want to keep thing as normal as possible and not let it get me down and it hasnt I am problably taking the news better than anyone else who has heard it so far. I am just ready to get the treatment started and get better.
Stay tuned I will try and update regularly. I know eveyone is there for me if need you but for now just pray for me and a fast recovery. Please feel free to leave comments or email me at jjc003@shsu.edu, i would give yall my work email but ill be in and out so much i dont want to miss them.

Jake

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Your gonna beat this...I know you are

Unknown said...

This doesn't stand a chance against you Jake

Hatton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MECollins said...

Not even cancer can get a good Texas man down. MECollins

Mrs. T said...

best wishes to you. i don't know you, but it sounds like you have the attitude to whip this thing!!

Unknown said...

Jake, I know you cN beat this because you are a good man. I am praying for you as well as the rest of BUMC.

Jeanna Stewart

Barbara said...

Dear Jake
I am Dale Cartwright's wife and want you to know that I am a member of the prayer team at First Baptist Church in Leander, TX. I will put you on our prayer list tomorrow am and will let all our family know of you and your needs. I email Aunt Mamye and she has sent this on to me.

You bet you can beat this thing. God does hear prayer and I know of one man who has already been cured of a massive cancer behind his heart. Prayer did it for him and God was willing. He is an awesome God and He will be with you.

Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love
Dale & Barbara

Heather said...

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

2 Samuel 22:7

You're in my prayers Jake - I know you have the strength and courage to fight and beat this!

E - Blogs said...

Jake said "I am JAKE so I put my odds at 90%"

Glad you still got it man. Some people might call us cocky, but we know it is just asserted confidence.

If it was me I would put my odds at 99% but I would say that somewhere in the low to mid 90's is a fair estimate for you.

Thinking about you man. Keep it real.

darlynewise said...

You are such a great kid Jake! I admire your wonderful attitude you have. As long as you keep that strong positive attitude, You Can Beat Anything!!!! I love the 90% chance you give yourself but I am going to give you 100%!!!! Go Jake!!! We are surely praying for you and I will send this on to my Prayer Warrior Buddies of the Lone Star Cowboy Church in Montgomery. We have lots of Mighty Prayer Warriors that will help you and all of us to see you through this!!! Always try to keep your FAITH and NEVER GIVE UP. God never gives up on us....he is taking care of you and all of us as I type and as you read this and always. You are such a great role model and I wish that there were more Jakes out there in this world for every one's daughters to have....lol We admire you so much and have since the day we met you.
Please let us know if you or your family need anything.....ANYTIME. We will be seeing your Mom and Dad around and will let them know that we are just a phone call a way.

Love & Prayers

Darlyne & Troy Wise

cereena said...

I am so proud of you for staying postive. I love you and am praying for a 100% recovery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake,

This is Aunt Christine. (I figure once an Aunt, always an Aunt, hey?) I have the ladies group at the church I went to in Fort Worth before I moved, Crossroads, praying for you. Also my Aunt Jeanne in Bismarck and my Aunt Maizy in Minnesota. I remember reading the book Love, Medicine, and Miracles written by a doctor about how so many people he knew beat their cancer. It happens all the time. Just hang in there one day at a time.

Love,
Aunty Christine (My Aunt Maizy always signs "Aunty Maizy")