Sunday, October 21, 2007

What a Great Weekend! / Benefit Softball Tournament

I had a great weekend down at SHSU for the annual alumni game. I spent the weekend catching up with old friends and making new ones as well. As for the game I felt good enough to play and although loosing by a horrendous score that which I wont mention, I did score the best goal of the game. I am glad I did because I did a whole lot of trash talking before the game.

I met my new Oncologist Dr. Crim on Friday, and let me tell you he is a whole lot better than Dr. B. I felt like he actually cared about treating me rather than just the cancer. So I am happy with that and am ready to move forward.

Some of my longtime best friends are putting on a Benefit Softball Tournament for me to help raise money to continue to help me pay all my costs. Below is the information:

Jake’s Benefit Softball Tournament
Who: Friends, family, coworkers, church congregations, community members.
What: Day of softball and fun to raise money for Jake and the John J. Cartwright Medical Fund.
When: Saturday, November 10, 2007
First game to begin at 10 A.M.
Where: Lockheed Martin Recreational Association Softball Fields
3400 Bryant Irvin Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Why: We love Jake: to learn more about Jake’s battle with cancer, see http://www.jakescancerupdate.blogspot.com/
Additional Info: Asking minimum $15.00 per player donation.
Refreshments will be provided on game day for donations.
Coed teams encouraged.
Register by November 3, 2007.
May register as a team, partial team, or individuals can be placed on teams.
Checks made payable to John J. Cartwright Medical Fund, c/o
Matt Blackstock, 9904 Edmund St. Benbrook, Texas 76126
Help spread the word, tell all your friends and coworkers!
Registration contacts:
Matt Blackstock
Cell: (817) 480-9261
Email: mcblackstock@gmail.com

Blake Bozarth
Cell: (817) 688-2872
Email: Blakie85@yahoo.com

Eric Franks
Cell: (682 ) 667-2926
Email: Eric.L.Franks@LMCO.com

I hope everyone comes out and participates, I think it will be a lot of fun. Hope to see everyone there.

God Bless
Jake

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Ree was always the last one picked for teams (just ask your dad), so I think I will pass on the tournament (not to mention that it would take me longer to get there than for my team to lose out). Glad you like the new doctor. Keep us updated. Love you, Uncle Ree

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake!

I am so happy to hear that you have found a doctor that cares about you rather than just treating the cancer. Those are hard to come by now-a-days!! You are in my prayers luvy. I'll talk with Dean about the softball game luvy. I'll get back with ya!

Much love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

Nahum 1:7

Anonymous said...

Jake,
I did not know you well during school.. But I have heard about your journey and I am proud of you. Everyone has a different story, a different journey, on a different path. I wish I had a good cliche' to pass on, but I doubt a small phrase would do your story justice. I say the word "story", as a symbol of your life. As I read this blog, I'm proud of your perseverence, and the maturity you possess with your outlook on life. If I could only ask one thing from you.. I would ask that you leave no stone un-turned... enjoy every sunrise, every conversation, every breath, and every smile from now forward. So often I see people not enjoying all that life has to offer, and if anyone could appreciate it.. I'm sure it's you.
Get well soon.. I look forward to reading more about your story.

..Your path.

..and your journey.

sincerely,
Anonymous