Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Making a difference

I want to stand on a soapbox for a little while tonight and talk about what my objective is and the point I want to make. God gives each and everyone of us a purpose and it is for us to figure out what our purpose is and to make of it what we will. You can take two paths the one he wants us to take or the other. God never gives us more than we can handle and that is why I believe I have cancer you don't, not that you all couldn't handle it but it is my burden. He knew I was going to look at this not as some would, as horrible disease, but as chance to Make a Difference. I hope, and I think have been able touch so many people in a positive manner. I hope to make a difference in peoples relationships with God first and foremost, their families, and friends. If I am able to touch one persons life then I feel I did my job. I am not done yet though I will glorify God to fullest extent of my strength and continue to fight and hope to show others that no matter the obstacle there are ways to deal with it and come out ahead no matter what the outcome is.

God Bless

Jake

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a special person to do what you're doing. To fight with courage, faith and the hope of improving the lives of others. I saw it my daughter too.

Keep it up.

Barry

Cassidy Pressley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JDP said...

Jake you don't know me but my son graduated from WHHS last year and my daughter currently goes there. I want you to know miracles do happen. My father in law was diagnosed with lymphoma around 14 years ago. The doctors did not hold out much hope for recovery. A lot of people prayed for him and the prayers were answered. He just celebrated his 80th birthday this year. Keep your faith strong and keep fighting. We will be praying for you and your family. God Bless!

JDP

Heather said...

It certainly takes a strong person to have the faith and courage you do. You may feel like this burden is yours to bear but you don’t have to fight it alone. You have a tremendous support team behind you – Pray Warriors – composed of family, friends and strangers – we continue to be moved by your spirit and strength.

God says not to worry and to cast all your cares upon Him.

Love ya Jake – hope we can hangout soon!

Mightybean Childhood Photography said...

Jake,

I don't know how I went five months without hearing the news. You have an amazing attitude and spirit and you're in my prayers.

Love,

Chelsea Fullerton

Anonymous said...

I never had you in class but I did get to know you and your family through your sister as the cheer sponsor. This breaks my heart--I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Lucynda (Godbee) Nicholson

Anonymous said...

If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Romans 8:31-32

LBJ said...

Just putting together this blog and sharing your faith, your fears, the very realness of you, that other people can relate to, takes more courage than I ever had.

I was a commercial pilot for years and as such, one of my favourite books is The Little Prince. I'm not sure if this quote is from that book or one of St. Ex's other works but this one comes to mind for you.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Your attitude, your faith will carry you through. God Bless You.

Anonymous said...

amazing...seriously

Anonymous said...

Jake;

You are such an inspiration, to take what you have been given and turn it around for the positive. Your faith is strong and I know it will continue to be strong. You have touched so many lives, including my own and, I haven't seen you in years. You take care sweetheart. Our prayers are always with you!

Much love,
Christy