Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weekend report

Just a short little update today since one of my friends Ben got mad at me for not updating enough. I had a nice weekend spent Friday night in at my sisters just hanging out. Saturday I went with my mom and sister to see Aladdin put on by Kids Who Care it was fun watching all the little kids perform. Then went and Hung out with Ryan R. we saw Oceans 13 which I liked then afterward on the way home his car ran out of gas which I found hilarious cause I got to steer and he got to push, Ha Ha it was so funny. Fathers Day was nice as well my dad stayed down in Conroe since he had just returned from a youth mission trip in LA. So I went to Plano which is close to my apt. and hung out with a friend and her family which was very nice and had a lot of fun. I am excited about this being my last week of radiation I can wait for it to be over because my skin is so burnt at hurts so bad its not even funny. It keeps me up a lot and cutting into my sleep time which I hate. I have to put on ice packs to cool down the skin and deaden the area so i can catch a little shuteye. I pray my skin heals fast and get on with beating this thing. I Hope everyone else had a great Fathers Day weekend.

I Love You DAD Happy Fathers Day.

Jake

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Son. I had a great Father's Day even though neither you or your sister could be with me. Our other son stepped up and took your places and prepared a very nice dinner for your Mom and I. Even though I would have loved to have been with you both, sometimes there are just not enough hours in the days. We will see you both next weekend. Until then I hope your Sunburn does not keep you to wide awake and you are able to spend some time with me next weekend.

I love you very much as well. Thank you for your words.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Rock on man.

Got ya covered with prayer.

--clint

Anonymous said...

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. -Psalm 86:10 ...this was the memory verse today for the 2nd graders at First Baptist Benbrook. We talked about how God hears and answers our prayers; and we prayed specifically for you Jake, for your comfort and healing.
Karen Nugent

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on last radiation. I'm so glad it's almost over. You are in my prayers.

I wish I could have seen Ryan pushing the car. If I was there i'm sure Ryan would have made me push the car while sitting in it. =)

This weekend i'm cooking dinner..no benbrook grill. Hope you can come!

Stef

Anonymous said...

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

Isaiah 58:8

Anonymous said...

Jake glad to hear you almost have the radation behind you...no pun intended. We think and pray for you daily.

Love,
Aunt Renee & Uncle Scott