Tuesday, June 26, 2007

2 More Days/ Fundraiser

YES! Only 2 more days of radiation I am more excited than you can ever imagine. My skin is doing a lot better after having that week off, thank goodness. It will get a little worse again after this week but Ill take it like a man be done with it. It will be another 2 weeks or so after the radiation till I can partake in any normal summer events like swimming in a pool and stuff like that. That has been tough because my apt. is right next to pool and there is always beautiful scenery out there. I meet with Dr. B tomorrow to find out when my next chemo will be. I wish that part was almost over.

Also, Amphibian Stage Productions, a theatre company in Fort Worth is going to be hosting a fundraiser for me on Friday at their performance of Miss Witherspoon. If you come to the show on Friday night and tell them that you are there to support Jake Cartwright, 25% of the price of your ticket will be donated to the fund. There will also possibly be snacks/concessions for sale with profits also going to my medical fund. Here is the info for the performance:

Amphibian Stage Productions presents Miss Witherspoon Friday, June 29 8:00 pm
The Buschmann Theatre (On the campus of Texas Christian University)
To make reservations:Visit http://www.amphibianproductions.org/ Or call 817-923-3012

There is a good chance that Ill make it there as well so this might be a great chance for those who have never met me or those who haven't seen me for a while to come and see a great show and me too.

If you can’t make it to the show, you may also donate to my fund by going to any Bank of America and depositing a check into the John J. Cartwright Medical Fund. The teller at any Bank of America should be able to pull up the account and deposit your donation. Make sure to tell them it is a contribution/donation fund! And please note: all donations are tax deductible!

You can also mail a check directly to my parents or me, made payable to the John J. Cartwright Medical Fund and we can deposit it for you! Let me know if you would rather go that route and I will be happy to send along our addresses!

Jake

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake looking forward to the fundraiser on Friday and more importantly seeing you!

Love
Aunt Renee & Uncle Scott

Anonymous said...

Cool deal. No doubt you've touched alot of ppl and its our turn to...help out. Here's to God's blessings.

--clint c

Anonymous said...

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

Romans 12:6-8

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog is so inspirational. You're such a trooper and you will beat this!

I actually live right down the street from you now so if you ever need ANYTHING feel free to get a hold of me. Food, drinks from Sonic, movies, etc.

Take care of that skin - I was burned pretty badly a few weeks ago so, on a much smaller scale, I kind of feel your pain with being itchy and not being able to sleep.

Take it easy!

Anonymous said...

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."...
and you seem to have that. Read a bulletin about you on myspace that left me very inspiried and I will be donating. I went to highschool with you and had no idea about the situation. God must have great things in store for you to put you through such a struggle.

If you need anything you can contact me at http://www.myspace.com/marcyec or estheticmc@yahoo.com.

-Marcy C.

Anonymous said...

Jake, my family and I are going through something very similar right now. Just keep your attitude. It sounds like you are going to win your battle and I know that a positive attitude and prayers are the most important thing. I know it gets tough but you sound like a warrior. keep up the good fight. We have several mutual friends so hopefully I will have the opportunity to meet you some day. my prayers are with you.
your new friend,
Eddie Chance

Anonymous said...

Jake Cartwright...

Went to school with you, but just recently heard about you on MySpace. (It's amazing what technology allows one to do these days.) Anyways.. I'd just like to say that mental capacity reigns over the physical.

Take care man... And God bless.


-Robert H.