Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Week Off/ Donation Account

Once again I fail to update everyone on the latest events and I am sorry. I had radiation on Monday but was so burnt that Dr. Ilahi gave me the rest of this week off to try and let my skin heal. I decided since I had been just sitting around my apt all the time I needed a change of scenery and came down to my parents house in Conroe. I guess its been a week off it seems as though all I am doing is applying more ointment that they gave me and taking treatment baths. I will finish off the last four radiation treatments next week. This break was much needed my skin was in bad shape.
Some very close friends of mine and pretty much a second family to me the McMullin's have set a non-profit account to help me cover my expenses the next few months until I can get back to work. It is not like me to ask for help or money for that matter, I am a very proud person. Though in times of need I am learning to just ask cause there are special people out there willing to lend a hand. The account is set up at Bank Of America, there are two ways to donate.
1) Go to any Bank of America in the US and deposit a check into John J. Cartwright Medical Fund the teller will be able to bring it up, make sure to tell them it is a contribution/donation fund.
2) Mail a check to either my house or my parents made out to John J. Cartwright Medical Fund and we will deposit it.

Jake Cartwright
350 E. Vista Ridge Mall Dr.
apt #111
Lewisville TX. 75067

Johnny and Carolyn Cartwright
317 E. Hunting Tower Run
Montgomery TX 77316

Any donations made will be tax deductible. The money will go to help me cover my medical bills and other bills I have since I am loosing my pay in another week. God has bless each and everyone of with people that will lend a hand in a time of need. Though these trials I have truly learned how much he does bless up. If you have any questions regarding the account or donating please contact me and I will do as I can to answer any questions.

Jake

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then Jesus said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'
"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Luke 11:5-10

Anonymous said...

Good to hear it's set up now Jake. This is one thing we can do for you. Glad to hear your getting a few days off to let your skin heal. That really doesn't sound like fun. Keep yor chin up, you're beating this thing. I guess you are spending the weekend with your Mom and Dad,send my love if you will.Love you and we are praying for you. Uncle Jimmy

Anonymous said...

That type account had already been discussed among some of your aunts and uncles, but I am glad someone got one set up. Me being in Georgia makes things difficult for me to be involved in your recovery, but good to hear everything going well (except for the irritation). After everything is over, you have to come visit (a victory tour, if you will), I have a lot of people praying for you, as am I. Love to all - Uncle Ree

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your time in Conroe with your parents. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you during your last few treatments this week.
-Ashley

Barrellmaster said...

Hi Jake Glad this is your last week of radiation. I can't imagine the pain of your skin being burned as you have said. I only know that it hurts. But you know skin is a funny thing it knows to grow and when not to. In your case I know it's going to grow and grow to replace the damaged with new!

Deborah & I pray for your recovery everyday! It will happen!

Dex.