Sunday, June 10, 2007

Holding up OK.

Sorry it has once again taken so long for me to post another. I finished the second round of chemo on Friday as people had warned me each treatment does get a little tough than the last. I'm not really feeling bad but just exhausted which is normal. God is seeing me through it though and helping me rebound quickly. I should be back to feeling alright by next weekend, that's what I'm praying for. Its strange to sleep so much, well maybe not I guess I could sleep this much back in college but that was just to miss class. I am starting to get my appetite back now after the treatments which is quicker than last time so that is huge plus, maybe I wont loose any weight this go round. And to all my old college buddies no I am the 17o pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal any more those were in my heavier days now its closer to 156 pounds of twisted steel. Its the leaner more aerodynamic version. Once again I want to thank everyone for all your prayers and words of encouragement from your emails and comments please keep them coming while I might not update everyday I do check see what people are saying.

Jake

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

9 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Jake!
I'm happy to know you're pushing through. I pray for you evey day.
I owe you a bowling match so I'm ready when you are.
Let me know if you need anything - I'm just down the road.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory.

2 Samuel 22:33-36

Anonymous said...

Who likes big guys anyway? Lean and aerodynamic is the way to be.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are getting your appetite back and doing well! I think of you often and will continue to pray for you! Get well soon, brother!!! Chris Hubbard

Anonymous said...

so more aerodynamic huh? Its Super-Jake.. that would mean your even faster, sweet! we could always use a fast forward. if you feel like playing indoor tell rob or me :) we r playing in keller. Game tomorrow tuesday at 7pm if you feel like getting out. Catcha later roxtar.

--clintos the freshmaker

Anonymous said...

Glad you are still feeling okay. So was wondering...would you want to do dinner and a movie soon! would love to see you! That is if you are feeling up to it! Love ya sweetie...still praying hard for you! Take care of yourself!

BSwann said...

Hi Jake,

Franklin and I have been praying for and thinking of you daily. I also wanted you to know that two prayer groups (one in Tyler, TX and the other in Cumming,GA) have added you to their weekly prayers! You are getting famous! :)

We miss you in the office! You need to come and ring the Gong when this cancer is beat!! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. You are so strong and brave.

Keep on truckin' and kick this cancer's butt!

Anonymous said...

Jake,
I want you to know that I am praying for you daily. My home group prayed for you as well. You are blessed to have such a godly mother who stays in the throne room of God on your behalf. I have no doubt that God will receive the glory for the work He is doing in your life while you go through this trial! God is faithful and He will never leave you nor forsake you!
God Bless You!
Kristi Evans
(a teacher from St. Mark)

Anonymous said...

GO JAKE! GO JAKE!
YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!!
You don't know me but I read your blog almost every day. Keep going, I know it's hard but we are all behind you praying for you. Even the ones you don't know are here. You WILL beat this...stay strong.