Friday, November 30, 2007

We made it to Germany

We made it to our final country. We have been having so much fun. Since leaving Valencia we went back to Barcelona and caught an overnight train into Paris. The overnight train was fun with the sleeper cabins. Once we got to paris at 9am the next morning we caguht another train out of paris to Bayeux, France, in Normandy. We stayed in a nice little hotel about 7km from the d-day beaches. We caught a taxi out to the american cemetary overlooking Omaha Beach, it was a powerful sight seeing all those white crosses prefectly lined up. We walked down to the beach and saw some german fortifications that were really neat. WAlking back up from the beach was tough I cant imagine running upo it with people shooting at you. The next day we went back to paris and hopped on a train through Brussels and on into the Nethelands, Amsterdam, it was really nice there with all their canals running through the city it was a nice mix of old and new. The following morning we hopped on another train and headed for Treir, Germany where one of my sisters friends has a 1700's house that is amazing. We will spend two more night here then on to Frankfurt for two nights then back home to Texas. It has been such a great exprience and I thank god for this opportunity. See you all in a few day.

God Bless
Jake

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake! I am so happy to hear that you are having a great time! You so much deserve this!! Be safe on the rest of your trip and your trip home!

Much love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Hello, Jake, my name is Melodi Thompson and I heard about you and your story through Redeemer Lutheran School. My daughter, Payton, is in Kindergarten there and those kids pray for you. I was telling my mother about your story and she mentioned that she knew a family from her church who knew a young man in your same situation and that he was traveling Europe, well what a coincidence that you are that same young man! Anyway, know that you have many families that are praying for you that you have never met and only know you through the good words that people have spoken! I am a H/O nurse at Cooks and my daughter asked me if I took care of you. I explained that I did not, but I'm sure that you had plenty of good, caring nurses that did. May you continue to have a beautiful and positive outlook on life and may God bless you always!

Sincerely,
Melodi Thompson

Melodi Thompson said...

Very nice and well said Melodi

Melodi Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.