Friday, December 7, 2007

Greatest trip ever..but so good to be home!!!

I am back home and it is great to be here. The trip was better than I ever could have imagined. I went to London where we saw all the tourist stuff like Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. From there we went through Wales and over to Dublin via the high speed ferries across the the Irish Sea. There we just hung out and saw a few sights. From there we went o Manchester England where I got to take the tour of Old Trafford, or for those who aren't soccer savvy the home of Manchester United my favorite team. Form there we went to Edinburgh Scotland, where we saw Edinburgh castle, and some other palace. After there it was back to London to catch a plane over to Barcelona. There we got a little much needed rest and caught a Barcelona FC game, it was sooo awesome. From there it we went down to Valencia to catch a little sun on the Mediterranean Sea it was a very beautiful town. The in was on to France by way of the sleeper train which was an experience in itself. We spent about 20 minutes in Paris before heading to Bayeux home to Omaha Beach and the American cemetery for those who died in the D-Day invasions. This was probably my favorite part of the whole trip it was so nice there and just a powerful place. From there we went on into the Netherlands just to say we went to another country, and then on into Germany. We spent 3 days in Trier at a Family friends house that was built in 1729 it was very beautiful but cold. We saw alot of Ancient Roman ruins in the city and went to wonderful Christmas festival. The it was on to Frankfurt for the final two night nothing really to note about there we were pretty tired by that point. After the 11 hour flight back I was so ready to back to see all my family and friends. I am working getting all the pictures downloaded and onto a page that everyone can go to and see them.

I had another round of chemo today and will have another one next week. I will have some scans as well right after the first of the year. So maybe we will have some news around that time.

I hope everyone is doing great, and is having a wonderful holiday season.

God Bless
Jake

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had fun but I am happy you are back!!

Stef

Anonymous said...

Hope you are gearing up for NYC!! :) 1 week from today!

JDP said...

Glad you had a great time and made it safely home.

JDP

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds pretty incredible. I bet your passport is full of stamps. Can't wait to see your pictures!

-Ashley

Anonymous said...

Jake!

I am so happy to hear that you had a such a great time! :o) You saw a lot and I am so excited that you were able to have this experience! :o) You take care and I'll keep looking for updates!! You have a Merry Christmas! Give hugs to everyone!! Oh and, have a great time NYC!! Y'all be safe!!!

BIG ((HUGS))
Christy

Anonymous said...

Tim and I are both very jealous. We hope to see those pics in person when you are feeling up to company. We havent seen you in almost a year, lil bro.

I hope you have fun in NYC! Look forward to seein those pics too.

Love you and God bless
Rhonda and Tim Psencik

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great time brother...im envious. Wish I could be there with ya doing all this.

Anonymous said...

Hope you and Sarah are having a great time in NYC!

Anonymous said...

O Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. Now be pleased to bless the home of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, O Sovereign Lord, have spoken, and with your blessing the home of your servant will be blessed forever.

2 Samuel 7:28-29

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Your trip sounds absolutely amazing!!! I'm happy you made it home safely. I can't wait to see pictures. Take care.