Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Results are in...But Chemo Sucks

Well today was a mix a of good and bad news, the good news is Dr. B made a special visit to see me in the Chemo room with the results of the MRI. I guess he just couldn't wait until Friday. The results didn't conclusively say what it is but that it does not have the same consistencies as cancer, which is just awesome. He does not believe it is a hemangioma anymore but that it is more likely to be a cyst of some sort because it is still so small it is hard to tell, but he seemed very confident that is NOT cancer. He also smiled, the first one of those I have seen from him thus far. The bad news of the day is the I started my third round of chemo today, and it stinks. I am already feeling the effects. I am super tired and loosing my appetite very rapidly. The price I pay to be cured. Let all thank god for this great news because he truly answered our prayers, GOD IS GREAT. I have two more days in this round then a few weeks off before my final chemo treatment in early august, I cant wait. I hope everyone is doing great.

Jake

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake,

We are so happy to hear your wonderful news! We continue to pray daily and know our prayers are being answered...
Your attitude inspires us all!

Love,
Uncle Scott & Aunt Renee

Anonymous said...

Well Lil Bro
My prayers have been answered. it looks like you have finally made it over that hump!
Dont worry I will keep prayin for you but I still expect you to come visit us out in Aledo!
Tim and I miss you!
Love always
Rhonda and Tim
Here is a little lick on the cheek from me "haha" if you know what I mean - inside joke if any one was wondering

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news, and good luck with this latest round. Also, love the new pic--you look good.

Anonymous said...

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.

Psalm 145:1-3

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!! Prayer works doesn't it.

I needed to see that smile on your face in the picture. I can only imagine what waiting for those MRI results was like. There's nothing like when the doctor makes a special visit and then gives you good news. Get Aunt Tami to make you a batch of yeast bread and a batch of crack balls (don't worry, it's cookies) and I can almost guarantee you won't lose any weight.

Love you - Uncle Ree