Monday, March 24, 2008

Something to think about.

I head back to San Antonio tomorrow for my fourth round. I am still feeling great which I cant be more happy about. Though it is a strange feeling. After almost a year now of dealing with this it is hard to comprehend how far things have come. For the first time I looked back all the way at my blog. It really set in how lucky I am to be blessed by god and to have such wonderful people surrounding me. As I read some of my first posts I remembered how it was to live every day in pain and not be able to do the things I wanted. It was just weird to think this has been going on a whole year now since I first started feeling bad. I don't really know how to put into words what I feeling, I'm not sure if its a sense of relief or what it is, but its a great feeling. I got to thinking about a lot about how lucky I am. A good family friend of mine died this week many of you know who I am talking about. She died before any of us expected. My prayers are with her family that god will help them find the strength necessary to deal with it. It was her death that made me think again how easy it is for god to take anyone of us at anytime, whatever the cause. I said in an earlier blog that my goal/hope through this was to help people to build a better relationship with god, family, or whatever they need, if I did that then I did my job. I pray that I am still able to do that because her death reinforced my belief how important those things are to a good life, and that our time here is limited and valuable to those around us. So please take the time to tell those important to you love them.

God Bless
Jake

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

Sandel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandel said...

Jake
I am not sure how I came across your blog but I am so glad that I did. I am praying for you. You are an inspiration and I believe that yes you will reach your goal of helping other to know God's love. He obviously chose you for a reason and what a awsome job you are doing.
May God continue to bless you and others see his light through you.

Anonymous said...

Jake;

You are absolutely amazing. This last year you have been through so much; more than any one person ever should go through. You have held your head high, kept your faith strong and your determination even stronger. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Our prayers are with her family in their time of loss. Just remember, please, that God is not finished working through you - there is still so much that He needs you to do for him. So, you see, you are not just lucky, you are blessed. Your friend, God needed her with Him - She did what she was meant to, no matter how short her life was, God wanted her home with Him.

You are a true blessing Jake and everytime I read your blog you remind me how wonderful life really is.

God bless luvy. Our prayers are wtih you. Please tell your Mom, Dad & Sarah HI!!

Love,
Dean, Christy & Family

Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing to all your family & friends.

Still as handsome as ever!
We love you...

Uncle Scott & Aunt Renee

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that we're thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Ephesians 5:1-2

Anonymous said...

Continue to shine His light! We are all cheering for you! To God be the Glory!
Kristi Evans

Anonymous said...

Thought you might enjoy this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo