Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Best week in a long time!!!

Another trip down to San Antonio is in the books. My white blood cell counts are still down and we aren’t sure if they will be high enough for me to get my normal treatment next week. For those of you who don’t know a lot about it, chemo attacks all the cells in body both good and bad it cant tell the difference. My drugs that I’m on have lowered the white cells which are your immunity cells they help to fight off bacteria and sickness that kind of stuff. If I get treated before the counts have come back up to safe a safe level it could be very dangerous. So we just have to wait and see on that.

However we did get some pretty good news on this trip. While Dr. Patnaik was examining me she noticed that the size of my liver has decrease significantly. I hadn’t said anything about it but my liver had become inflamed and enlarged due to the tumors in it, and for the last month had been causing me a lot pain. But since last Thursday I have been feeling better than I have since before I left for Europe, which is saying a lot. So we think the drug is working but we wont know for sure until we do more scans in a month or so.

A little story about how god listens and shows his mercy. About 3 weeks ago I was laying in bed hurting pretty bad and just feeling down, which doesn’t happen often at all, I prayed and turned over all my worries and asked god to take the pain away. Two days later I was accepted into this study, and now I am back to feeling great. Just ask and it will be given, maybe not right but as he sees fit.

God Bless

Jake

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Jake! The power of prayer and of faith! I am sorry to hear that you were in so much pain. It saddens my heart that you are having to go through this. You are a testimony though, Jake. All the peoples lives that you are touching is immeasurable. You are a true believer and that's something you type out everyday in your blog. A true inspiration.

Much love sweetheart!! BIG (((HUGS))), please give your Mom, Dad and Sarah hugs for us!

Love,
Dean, Christy & ABC

Anonymous said...

Jake, I know what you are going through is not easy, but your faith is such an inspiration to all of in in your extended family. We just keep praying with faith, believing and knowing that God's plan is greater than anything we can imagine.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. You keep making my day with your progress. Everyone is Georgia loves you.

Uncle Ree

Anonymous said...

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Matthew 7:7-8

JDP said...

That is great news Jake! We are continuing to pray for you and your family. God works miracles!

JDP

Unknown said...

Miss seeing you! You are in my prayers every single day.

Love,
Blake

Anonymous said...

I was watching a preacher on tv today and he was saying how those who are last will be first, those first last, describing someone laying on their face with tears in theirs eyes, said they're the ones headed for glory. A bunch of jumbled images came to my mind and then for some reason I had a thought about the hell you're in and how you might end up cured and a preacher. Just wanted to mention my thought.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear all the good news! I hope and pray you continue to improve. Call me if you need anything at all.

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

So happy that you are feeling better Jake! I'm continuing to pray for you and your family. We serve an awesome and mighty God! To Him be the glory!
Kristi Evans