Thursday, February 14, 2008

Round 2 is done

I just got back from San Antonio again and got my second round of treatment to begin this second cycle. I am feeling better following this round than I did after the first I hope that keeps up. I took me about a week to get fully over it the last time. But a week is a small sacrifice to feel as good as did the last 2 weeks. I cant even put into words how good this study has me feeling. My liver on paper and in physical exams appears back to normal at least functionally. It is back to normal size and my liver function which was not good is back to proper working order. Dr. Patniak was almost brought to tears on Wed. at how well I seem to be responding. I will have scans in 3 weeks which will tell for sure how well its working. I also no longer have to go down there every single week. They are letting me get all my labs drawn and have my weekly exams done up here by Dr. Crim. I am really excited about that. All in all I just feel truely blessed to feel so good again and to have found Dr's willing think outside the box of convential treatment and hopefully have me on the right path. I hope everyone is doing good as well.

God Bless
Jake

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome to hear man. I hope you keep on gettin better and beat this thing. I'll keep on praying for you buddy.

Lew

Anonymous said...

enough treatment already, when are we going to cali? good to hear you are doing well, regardless of our lack of trips to california.

Anonymous said...

Such good news! Yea! :)

Anonymous said...

Jake!

We am so happy to hear that you are feeling better!! Our prayers are with you always! Keep us posted.

Give your Mom, Dad & Sarah hugs from us!

Much love,
Christy, Dean & ABC

JDP said...

Great news Jake, we are keeping you and your family and doctors in our prayers.

JDP

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news Jake! I'm so glad to hear it. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Uncle Jake

Anonymous said...

awesome news, jake! hang in there, buddy, and keep us informed!

Heather said...

This is such good news. I'm so happy for you. I pray you continue to grow stronger. The big 2-5 is sneeking up on you - I'm so happy you'll be feeling good to celebrate in style.

Keep the good news coming and I'll continue to keep my positive thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Unknown said...

I was thinking about you and Samson today so I stopped by your blog. I am so happy that this treatment is goign well!

-Stef-