Monday, July 28, 2008

New Treatment Update

I am 3 weeks into my new treatment. This round took a little longer to get over than most of the others I have had thus far. Though I still dont think it gets me like most people. I was down for around 5 days following this last one. I was pretty fatigued and slept a whole lot more than usual and lost my appetite for those days as well. I have to say now I am feeling like normal again, well for the most part. After taking so many treatments of chemo the toxicity is building up in my body and causing a few strange things to happen. My finger tips have a numb sensation and that stinks and gets on my nerves also my feet hurt which feels like I'm walking on hot concrete all time. Its not tough to deal with looking at the overall picture of how well I feel. I hope everyone is doing good. Take care and God Bless.

Jake

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

Hebrews 12:10-13

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Jake. Keep on hanging in there.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you each and every day. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:28-31

Heather said...

Thanks for keeping us posted Jake.
I hope your treatments go well and you start feeling better soon. You're always in my prayers. Stay strong! I hope you're mind is at rest when you read the scriptures below. Love ya

Anonymous said...

I know you have a past history of mooning people (Monnig Middle School - 8th grade?), so it would seem you're starting to get pleasure out of it once again! Enjoy yourself, but please don't do it in public like you did when you were younger!

Anonymous said...

I JUST found out today after I visited a foot doctor that my feet that have been feeling like I am walking barefoot on a hot concrete pavement ( even in the most of shoes) is a RESULT of my cancer treatment. Just KNOWING is a huge relief to me...why am I just now finding this out?