Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quick Update!!

I started on my regimen of this chemo this morning. Its not a walk in the park but its better than I thought it would be. I haven't had any bad side effects just sleeping a good bit, which I do a lot anyway so no big deal, I hope it stays this way. I was there most of the day, I think they took a whole gallon of blood from me today. These studies are are very meticulous about how they do thing things and its on a strict schedule. I don't mind it I really like all the nurses, and my Doctor at the clinic is Dr. Patnaik and she is wonderful, I truly feel that if there is a place to help me this is it, I feel its the right place. So tomorrow I get more blood drawn, a another skin biopsy (I still have no clue why), and I get the Oral chemo drug (the one we are so excited about). Hopefully I will be on my way back home by noonish but we will see.

God Bless
Jake

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't read the blog in a couple of days so was not aware all this was going on. You should be home by now, unless you stayed to flirt with the nurses. Great news about the study, keep us posted. I have updated all my prayer partners.

Love to all, Uncle Ree

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake!

I pray that all is well hun!!

Blessings,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake-

I'm glad to hear things are going well. I continue to pray for you every day.

Anonymous said...

Jake - I'm so glad you were accepted into the study! Let us know how you're feeling. You're in my prayers everyday.
-Ashley

Anonymous said...

Great news for the treatment, jake! Hang in there buddy!

Heather said...

Jake - I put you on our prayer list at church. Sunday's sermon was about the power of prayer.
You're in my prayers daily.

Stay strong! You're amazing!

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith."

Matthew 21:22

Unknown said...

Hey Jake! My mom and I are praying for you and hope everything goes well! Love ya!!

Cat