Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

Sorry everybody it has taken me way to long to post another update. So I guess I have to catch everyone up on whats been up in my world. I've had another two treatments of chemo since the last time I updated them and am still handling this Drug quite well. I am still feeling really good so that makes me happy. I went to New York with my sister few weeks ago and it was wonderful. Cold but wonderful. We woke up the first morning we were there and 6 inches of snow were on the ground. It had been a long time since I had seen that much snow. We had a great time wandering around the city and just hanging out. We made it to a great Broadway show called Spring Awakening. All in all it was a great great time. As for Christmas we did our traditional Christmas Eve dinner at my Grammy's house where she cooks her amazing tacos. Everyone should get the chance to try her tacos you would be amazed. It was a great time spent with family and my nephews first Christmas. It was great. I was up early on Christmas morning to fly out to Hawaii with the Franks Family. The flight was awesome because a lady traded me her first class seat for my coach seat so she could sit next to her husband. God sure does hook me up with great gifts. We arrived yesterday evening and it is gorgeous here. We are staying on the North Shore of Oahu and get to listen to waves crashing on the beach just steps from the back porch. I hope everyone had a great Blessed Christmas and has a Happy New Year too! Wait...I almost Forgot I am beginning to get pictures online go to http://picasaweb.google.com/cartwrightjake and check them out!!!

God Bless
Jake

4 comments:

JDP said...

Glad you had a good time in New York. Do the same in Hawaii. Glad the treatments are going well. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

JDP

Tessa Griffin said...

Hey Jake, we are glad that you are feeling so well. Even though we don't leave comments that often, we still follow your journey and your are still contantly in our prayers. I know you don't know us, but we feel like we know you (your name is a contant in my little boys' prayers) Please say hello to the Franks for us, and I wonder where in the heck my invitation to Hawaii was? Maybe it fell out of the Christmas card they sent me. Take care, Tessa Griffin and family

Anonymous said...

While they there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:6-7

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake!!

It looks like you had a great time in Hawi'i and in NYC! :o) All that snow, too! WOW!

((HUGS))
Christy